Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Healthy Dose of Encouragement for all NaNoWriMo participants!

NaNoWriMo-Day 25
4:26 PM
Total WCG: 30,000 words
Today's WCG: 25,000 words
WC: 27,000

I am embarrassed to admit that right now I am moping and dodging my next thousand words. My writing is awful, I said. This story is stupid, I said. Why am I even bothering to write this crazy thing? I said.
As I type, I'm sitting in a comfy recliner and thinking of all the reasons NOT to participate in NaNoWriMo. Then my sister(Hi, Sister!) ,who is right now sitting in the other room typing, emailed me and asked about my word count. Of course I had to confess that I was avoiding typing...and she sent me this link.

Who can watch this and NOT be encouraged?!?!
So than you to Big Sis over there, and I hope this is helpful. Now I'm off to type my next thousand words...and I'll update when I finish. :) 

10:24 PM
So I ate dinner, washed the dishes, and finished my word count! Still 2,000 words ahead and very happy. Towards the end of my type-a-thon I started to get sick of writing. You know my 'Worst Sentence' page? I had so many that it was hard to decide which to post. Here is another for you: 
'How he’d been furious because of a predicament exactly like this-when he was sitting across the room dying, and I refused to check, just because I didn’t want anyone to SEE that I cared that someone was dying across the room from me who just so happened to be my best friend.'
I stopped to check my word count and saw that I had six more words. My Big Sister (who is now sitting next to me) said, "Why don't you do a six word story?" Here is my last sentence for today:
'This is so crap right now.'
Hey, quantity over quality when it comes to NaNoWriMo, right?
This voice in my head is saying, You keep telling yourself that... right now. 
Don't listen to the voice! Get that word count in and remember the magic word:

EDITING 

Remember this is an event that happens AFTER NaNoWriMo is over and it magically makes your novel all better. 

Happy noveling, everyone! Write on!
Love, PumpkinIce65


1 comment:

  1. XD yay you're typing :) I just did two faces in one post O.O better make that three

    ReplyDelete